There are several different types of garage doors available in the market. Here are some of the most common types:
- Sectional garage doors comprise several panels that slide up and overhead when opened. They are popular because they are easy to use and maintain and come in various styles and materials.
- Roll-up garage doors roll into a compact coil above the door opening, making them ideal for garages with limited ceiling space. They are commonly used in commercial settings but can also be used for residential garages.
- Side-hinged garage doors: These doors swing open like traditional doors, with hinges on the sides. They are a good option for garages for purposes other than just parking cars.
- Tilt-up canopy garage doors: These are made up of one solid piece that tilts up and over the door opening. They are less common today but were popular in the past.
- Tilt-up retractable garage doors: These doors are similar to the tilt-up canopy doors but retract fully into the garage when opened. They are also less common today but were popular in the past.
- Sliding garage doors: These doors slide horizontally on tracks like sliding patio doors. They are a good option for garages with limited ceiling space or where a traditional overhead door is impractical.
The type of garage door that is right for you will depend on several factors, including your garage’s size and layout, budget, and personal preferences. Book now to have our expert service technicians come to visit your location and give an estimate on a new garage door.
Learn more: Types of Garage Door Materials